March 18, 2016
March 19, 2016
The Annual Power 99fm Radio Marathon Fundraiser is held every spring with the Chili Cook Off and Coffee Days leading up to the 35 hour event. The next Radio Marathon is March 31st and April 1st, 2016.
The Children's Haven offers many services for children, parents, and families. The average daily attendance was 5114 children, with an average of 14 children per day. Services are geared to achieving the following goals and objectives:
1. Children being in safe, stable, and healthy environment
2. Empowering parents to make better decisions for themselves and their families.
3. Parents gaining skills to be a better parent
4. Less children going into foster care
5. Less recidivism
6. Long term positive results with our families
Services for Children
- A SAFE HAVEN - children are admitted anytime, day or night, for short term stays.
- Supervised activities - indoor and out, in a learning through play environment, in a cheerful, loving setting for both active and quiet times.
- Quality child care - child care is provided by experienced and trained staff with the support of volunteers.
- Basic needs - basic meals and snacks, clothing, and shelter
Services for Parents
- One-on-one or group consultation and support
- Safe shelter for their children
- Information and referral to agencies and services
- Non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere
- Confidential support
- Positive role modeling in ways of coping with behaviors
Services for Families
- Consultation and support
- Support with coping and finding ways of keeping the family together
- Helping the family help themselves
- Supporting families in making positive choices
- Referrals and follow up for long term prevention
Parenting and Informational Classes
Children's Haven provides free classes to parents, including transportation to the classes and child care during the classes, in the following areas. Contact us for more information.
- Positive discipline (Parenting Class)
- Nobody's Perfect (Parenting Class)
- Nutrition, & Health Awareness
Make a Donation
You can help Children's Haven by making a donation of cash, food, clothing, or toys.